College & Opportunity Readiness
Students depart the Semester or Summer Term at The Island School ready to take on academic, professional, and personal challenges ahead. They are prepared in every way, including:
- They’ve gained a strong sense of independence being away from home.
- Their core courses are covered.
- They’ve learned self-reliance in an academic setting, including critical time management skills.
- Nearly all our alumni write about their Semester or Summer Term experience in their college or job applications.
- They receive recommendation letters from teachers who know them exceptionally well and have seen them at their best.
- Admissions and hiring managers recognize that Island School students are even more prepared to take on an independent opportunity.
- Hands-on experiences have helped our students to hone their passions and discover new ones.
Semester and Summer Term students go on to a wide range of undergraduate colleges and universities, gap year programs, internships, and jobs across a wide range of fields. Get connected with a College or Opportunity Ambassador!
The Island School Stories
I found myself at The Island School. Going through so many uncomfortable situations in such a short period of time is very difficult in the moment, but when you go home you are so equipped for the rest of your life.